Beef Bowl (Gyudon)
Make Beef Bowl with minced beef instead of sliced beef. Super quick One-pan dish. It couldn’t be simpler.
Although it is usually cooked with sliced beef (because most beef and pork in Japan are sold in slices), it is only available in Chinese, Japanese and Korean supermarkets in the UK. And they are more expensive and frozen.
|Prep time||2 mins|
|Cooking time||10 mins|
Only two ingredients are needed, minced beef and onion. Minced beef with 15-20% fat is highly recommended as it is closer to the authentic taste.
Ingredients (2 servings)
|Minced beef (15-20% fat)||200g|
|Soy sauce||1.5 tbsp|
|Cooking wine||1.5 tbsp|
* Need to be served with rice. Please cook the rice first.
- Cook rice.
- Shred the onion.
- Put the minced beef into a preheated frying pan.
- Crush the meat while frying.
- Add the shredded onion when the meat is sautéed until it changes colour.
- Absorb excess grease with a kitchen towel.
- Add soy sauce, cooking wine and sugar.
- Add water.
- Put on the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes