Beef Hot pot (Sukiyaki)
Sukiyaki is a high-end dish in Japan, served with premium Wagyu beef. The Japanese usually eat it at home or in a specialty store when it is a festive occasion. We can easily enjoy sukiyaki at home using Beef short ribs, which have well-distributed fat and tender meat.
|Prep time||25 mins|
|Cooking time||15 mins|
Ingredients (2 servings)
|Beef short ribs (slices)||200g|
|Dried Shiitake slices||10g|
|Silken tofu||1 box (300g)|
|Mini brown onion||1/2|
|Spring onions (thick)||3|
|Soaked shiitake water||80ml|
- Silken Tofu: Put it on a kitchen towel and absorb the water from the Tofu.
- Dried Shiitake slices: Wash and soak in 80ml water for at least 10 minutes.
- Spring onion: Cut diagonally.
- Onion: Cut to shreds.
- Chinese leaf: Cut to an easy-to-eat size.
- Beef short ribs: Remove fat and bones. Slices as thinly as possible.
- (Optional) Silken Tofu: Fry tofu on both sides until golden brown.
- Silken Tofu: Cut it into chunks.
- (Medium heat) Saute the spring onion and onion with a little vegetable oil. Remove from the pan for later use.
- (High heat) Slightly fry the beef slices on both sides. Remove from the pan for later use.
- (High heat) Make the soup base. Add soaked shiitake water and all seasoning into the pan.
- (Medium-high heat) Add Chinese Leaf, Tofu and shiitake to cook.
- Lastly, add the beef and onions, and slightly cook.
- After eating all the food, boil the Udon with the remaining broth and add a beaten egg.