Chicken rice porridge (Ojiya)
鶏おじや (Chicken Ojiya)
Light and mild Japanese chicken rice porridge. The best dish on a cold day or when you’re not feeling well. It warms your body after eating. Just put all the ingredients and seasoning in a saucepan and cook. Super easy!
|Prep time||10 mins|
|Cooking time||25 mins|
Ingredients (2-3 servings)
|Chicken breast fillets||3|
|Dried Shiitake slices||10g|
|Soaked shiitake water + water||500ml|
|Dashi stock||1 tsp|
|Chicken stock||1 pc|
- Cook rice. (You can cook more rice during the previous meal and put it in the fridge for later use.)
- Shiitake: Wash and soak it for about 10 minutes.
- Carrot: Chop into small cubes.
- Spring onion: Wash and chop.
- Ginger: Wash and slice.
- Chicken breast fillets: Remove the tendons and cut them into dice. Marinate with salt and ground white pepper.
- Shiitake: Cut into small pieces. (Keep the soaked shiitake water for cooking.)
- Egg: Lightly beat.
- Put all the ingredients (except meat, egg and spring onion) and seasoning into a non-stick saucepan.
- (High heat) Put on the lid and bring to a boil. Stir after boiling.
- (Low heat) Cover the pot and cook for about 20 minutes.
- (Medium heat) Add the chicken dice. Gently stir constantly.
- (Medium heat) When the chicken is cooked, add the beaten egg. Gently stir constantly.
- Add the spring onion after turning off the heat.