Japanese BBQ (Yakiniku)
The most delicious meat for eating Yakiniku (Japanese BBQ) is Beef short ribs, as their oil is evenly distributed and the meat is tender. Learn to make Yakiniku sauce. We can enjoy Yakiniku at home. The sauce can also be used to marinate pork belly, chicken thighs and prawns, etc.
Both prepared sauces and marinated meats can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. On busy days, just fry the meat and eat it. Super convenient!
|Prep time||20 mins|
|Marinating time||at least 1 hour|
|Cooking time||5 mins|
Ingredients (2 servings)
|Beef short ribs||200-250g|
|mini brown onion (finely chopped)||1/4|
|Grated garlic / Garlic powder||1 tsp|
|Grated ginger / Ginger powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cooking wine||2 tsp|
|Apple juice||1 tbsp|
|Soy sauce||2 tbsp|
|Chili powder (optional)||1/2 tsp|
|White sesame (optional)||1 tsp|
|Sesame oil (optional)||1 tsp|
- Beef short ribs: Remove fat and bones. Cut into slices of about 6-7mm.
- Onion: Chop finely.
- Garlic and ginger: grate them.
- Make the Yakiniku sauce. Put chopped onion, garlic, ginger, and other seasonings together.
- Marinate the beef slices with the Yakiniku sauce for at least 1 hour.
- (High heat) Preheat the frying pan with a little vegetable oil.
- Fry both sides of the beef slice for 30-40 seconds. (If pork belly or chicken thighs take longer, make sure they are fully cooked.)