Miso Tofu Stew (Niku Dofu)
The silken tofu is a soft and smooth texture. This dish is seasoned with Miso and Shiitake mushroom. It has a mild taste, is very easy to eat, and is suitable for kids.
|Prep time||10 mins|
|Cooking time||10 mins|
Ingredients (2 servings)
|Minced pork||80 – 100g|
|Silken tofu||1 box (300g)|
|Dried shiitake slices||2g|
|Cooking wine||1 tbsp|
|Soy sauce||1 tbsp|
|Miso paste||2 tsp|
|Soaked shiitake water||120ml|
Mixed corn flour water
|Corn flour||2 tsp|
- Cook rice.
- Dried shiitake slices: Break them into small pieces by hand (save the step of cutting afterward). Wash and then soak for 5 minutes.
- Spring Onion: Cut diagonally into small pieces.
- Tofu: Cut into cubes of about 1.5cm × 1.5cm × 1.5cm.
- Make the sauce: Remove the shiitake from the water, and add all other seasonings to the soaked shiitake water to make the sauce.
- Mix corn flour and water. (for thickening the sauce later on)
- (Medium heat) Preheat the frying pan with a little vegetable oil.
- Fry the minced pork first and break it into small pieces as much as possible.
- Add the sauce.
- Add the soaked shiitake.
- Add the tofu.
- Add the mixed corn flour water.
- Stir gently. (Till the tofu is covered with sauce)
- Add the spring onion and toss lightly.