Pork Rice Bowl (Tokachi butadon)
十勝豚丼 (Tokachi butadon)
Compared to the regular Butadon (Pork Donburi), the Tokachi style uses thicker pork slices, and its taste is sweeter. Similar seasoning and golden ratio as Chicken Teriyaki, but slightly different in that the sugar is caramelised.
|Prep time||10 mins|
|Cooking time||20 mins|
Ingredients (2 servings)
|Pork shoulder steak||2 pc (~300g)|
|Soy sauce||2 tbsp|
|Cooking wine||2 tbsp|
* Need to be served with rice. Please cook the rice first.
- Cook rice.
- Pork shoulder steak: Cut into small pieces first, then cut into 5-6mm thick slices. (It will be easier to slice if frozen for 40-50 minutes before cutting.)
- (High heat) Put the sliced pork into a preheated frying pan and fry it on both sides (just surface cooked). Remove from the pan for later use.
- (High heat) Add sugar and water into the pan. Cook for about 5-8 minutes until it becomes caramelised.
- (High heat) Add the remaining seasoning, which is cooking wine, mirin and soy sauce.
- (High heat) When the sauce thickens again, put the meat back.
- (High heat) Flip over to coat both sides with sauce.