Pork & Vegetable Miso Soup (Tonjiru)
Miso soup cooked with pork and lots of vegetables. Nutritious and satisfying Japanese soup. Most will use root vegetables, but you can mix and match whatever you like or what you have in the fridge.
|Prep time||5 mins|
|Cooking time||10 mins|
Ingredients (2-3 servings)
|Minced pork (Marinate with salt and 1 tsp cooking wine)||80g|
|Mini brown onion||1|
|Radishes||2 – 3|
|Dried Shiitake slices||5g|
|Swiss chard / Spinach||3 – 4 pieces|
|Dashi stock||1 tsp|
|Miso paste||1.5 tbsp|
- Dried shiitake slices: Break them into small pieces by hand (save the step of cutting afterward). Wash and then soak for 5 minutes.
- Minced pork: Marinate with salt and 1 tsp cooking wine.
- Root vegetables: Thinly slice. (To make them cook quickly later on)
- Onion: Cut to shreds.
- Swiss chard / leafy vegetables: Cut to an easy-to-eat size.
- (Medium heat) Preheat the frying pan with a little vegetable oil.
- Fry the minced pork first and break it into small pieces as much as possible.
- (Medium heat) Add the Dashi stock to the boiling water.
- Add shiitake and soak shiitake water, root vegetables and cooked minced pork.
- Put on the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the leafy vegetables.
- Stir in the miso paste and then turn off the fire immediately.